Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dive Into The Blueprint


Straight people ask the silliest questions. The silliest being this: are gay people born gay?

Pondering this is irrational on many levels:

1. Science is not equipped to offer an answer.
2. The question is built on the premise that a gay person must be born knowing the Single Ladies dance in order to be accepted as part of God's blueprint. Gay people exist; this on it's own proves it is part of God's design.

Was I born gay? Don't know and don't care. I do know that at six years old I stood on the diving board for the first time, paralyzed. Kids freezing behind me in a queue screamed jump! Finally, from across the pool my mom promised that if I dived in the water she would buy me the My Little Ponie playhouse; within a moment I was baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment