Friday, September 3, 2010

Thank God I'm Alive


Last night I performed at the T.G.I.Fridays in Torrance, a working class suburb of Los Angeles.

Presenting gay-centric stand up in Torrance is a lot like instituting a drag show in Laramie...one dull sequin and you're Dexter-ed.

At the end of my set, a drunk guy wearing jean shorts in a non-ironic fashion approached me. I began shaking in my faux-seersucker H&M Blazer, what slur must I suffer?

Instead he gave me the coolest compliment of my career. He looked at me, away from my eye, and exclaimed, "You're queer, but you're funny. Nice jacket!"

Sounds like I brought the right amount of flair to the red and white striped table.

2 comments:

  1. You did a strong spot there Thursday, I apologize for such a shitty intro.

    I was weirded out by that whole night

    ReplyDelete